Introductions are in order!
*A man approaches you.  He wears a bright red cloak, a red vest over a white undershirt, red slacks with a brown leather belt and boots, and a wide-brimmed, red hat, complete with a white feather.   The hat sits atop a veritable waterfall of straight, silvery hair that cascades down to just past his shoulders, framing a smiling, angular face.  His green eyes sparkle with the hints of a smile at their corners, as well as on the corners of his lips. the man brushes trail dust from his clothes as he speaks to you with a vaguely british accent*

Well, hello there!  My name is Phelan.  Phelan Dove, to be precise. 

What?  You want to know about me?  Well, how can I deny that face?  *smiles brightly*

As you might guess from my attire, I am a red mage.  I specialize in fire, mostly, as well as enchanting.  I'm not too bad with healing, but don't ask me to seal up any major wounds.  I'm also fairly handy with illusions.

You want to know about the sword?  Yes, I am a capable sword fighter, but any true master would make me look like a rank amateur.  Fortunately, I've never had to face off with a sword master, and I hope I never need to.  The sword is, well... it's just a simple longsword, but it was my father's, so it has special meaning to me.  The staff is just that, a staff.  The green crystal helps me focus my magic, but I don't actually require it for any kind of casting.  No sentimental value attached to it, either, it's just a tool, but it's stylish, so I like it.

The book?  *holds up the old, dusty tome strapped to his side.  The worn leather binding reads simply "Fallen Sky"*  This is Lumina.  He's a pain in the behind, but he's my pain in the behind.  What?  Oh, no, he's not a book, he's a book imp.  He's... an intelligence, bound to the pages of the book, I guess.  A spirit of intellect.  He's... well, I guess you'd have to get to know him.  Lumina just thinks differently than you or I.

What do I do for a living?  Well, I've dabbled in a lot of things.  Currently, I run a decently successful enchanting business in the south portside docks of Highgale.  Highgale?  Oh, it's a major city in the world from which I come.  Idram is a lovely world, I hope you can visit it someday.   Um, I've dabbled in piracy, as my outfit would also suggest.  I've also been a treasure hunter; delving into dungeons and ruins in search of riches.  As you might have guessed, I haven't hit any big scores yet, but I have been able to earn enough to support myself when the business isn't doing too well.  I guess working right across the river from a wizard school would explain the occasional lull in sales.

I hate to say it, but I can't really think of much else to tell you.  I suppose if you want to know more, you'll just have to get to know me.  *wink*

-----

Hi!  Name's Grey, and I'm new to RPN.  Looking forward to doing some RP here if I can. 
I'm into all sorts of things.  I love music (of all kinds!), I love Dungeons and Dragons (I'm an avid dungeon master, and I've even created my own RP system), and I'm an amateur game designer  (Keep on the lookout for a game called The Mighty Cybersaur! from CyberStorm Entertainment sometime in the next couple years Smile)!

Other than that, there's really not much else to know.  Feel free to message me or post an RP if you want to.  I'm usually available at night and in the morning, and I'm always up for talking, meeting people, having RPs, and just generally enjoying life.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move."
-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Hello, Phelan, and welcome to Role Play Nirvana! I'm glad to see a more avid role player show up around here, and it's certainly pleasant to see a rp'd introduction! Below is my now growing old copypasta of a directory of where to go for what. Feel free to browse them, but the first link is very important.

Please read the forum wide rules before posting in any role plays, to prevent accidentally breaking any of them. Once you're done, feel free to make or join any role play you desire, so long as joining is allowed (Open). If you feel like taking a break from role playing, feel free to visit our Out of Character subforum to have a chat with other members of the forum, or the Forum Games subforum to have some innocent fun. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to either send me a Personal Message or post your question/suggestion to the Suggestions & Questions subforum. I hope you enjoy yourself on our forums!
Hello and welcome to the forums Phelan Dove, hope you enjoy the community here!
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
Blog: VST Plugins Free Download.